The 4 Ps are passé: Here's the chapter layout for the first part of my forthcoming book
- The 4Ps are passé
- Power has changed hands
- How has the brand/customer relationship changed?
- A (very) brief history of online marketing
- Transparency rising
- A free loudspeaker for all!
- New Competitors + More Noise = Need for Relevance
- Competition is changing…
- …and volume is increasing
- Digital has changed the game that marketers and consumers are playing
- How has the changing media landscape changed the marketer’s role?
- Print Media
- How media disruption has impacted on marketers
- A fragmented, ‘transmedia’ landscape
- Things are a lot harder than they were back in the 90s
- How does the ‘flood’ of customer data impact on the marketer’s role?
- More data = more accountability
- The New Customer Contract: Authenticity, Relevance and Transparency
- The new customer contract: Authenticity
- The new customer contract: Relevance
- The new customer contract: Transparency
- Not everything has changed: The fundamentals remain the same
- The democratization of your brand
You can find out (a little) more about the book at www.nickjohnson.co/book/
I'll be publishing extracts from the book, as well as thoughts on the process as we go to press, over the coming months.